Contact Katie Allan with any questions regarding the FAPSC annual awards program at Katie@FAPSC.org
FAPSC Professional Membership
FAPSC offers an individual Professional Membership that is open to all employees of a FAPSC school or associate member. This membership was designed to help keep your entire staff in direct communication with FAPSC. Download an application today!
FAPSC Board of Directors
Wayne Slater, President
Janis Schoonmaker, President Elect
William Polmear, Immediate Past President
Arthur Benjamin, Secretary
Dean Bartness, Treasurer
Yes, it's that time of the year..again! Where you show those that you love some support. We know all of you love being FAPSC members.
School and Associate members can now renew their membership online in 5 easy steps. Access to renew your school or business membership is granted to your school director or company designated contact. If you are not sure who that person is please contact Wanda Taylor (850) 577-3139 or Wanda@FAPSC.org.
1. Login! Visit our website www.FAPSC.org and login. Each primary contact has a username and password. Unless you have logged in before and changed it your username is your first and last name with no spaces. The first letter in each name is in capital letters. Ex. WandaTaylor (W and T are caps- no spaces between the names). Password is FAPSC in all capital letters.
2. Once you have logged in you will be in your member portal. Here you will be able to update your individual information as well as change your school/ company information. To change your school / company information click on the green link that reads “view organization”.Click that link!!!!
3. Once you have clicked view organizationlink it will display your school / company’s contact information that we have on file. You will also see a green “renew” link beside the member dates. Click on that link to renew!
4. Next, you will be brought to a page that is labeled School or Associate Membership Application. Please make sure that we have the correct address, contact numbers, and website information, etc. on file. If something is blank please populate that field with the correct information. Most of the information on this page will be diplayed in our member directories so it is very important that you are listed correctly. Once information is completed and verified scroll down. Schools will need to select their campuses gross revenue range to be assessed the appropirate membership dues, elect to make a contribution to FAPSC PAC then click the renew button. Associate members will automatically be assessed their $500 membership dues once you click the renew button.
5. Payment Page! You should see your renewal amount plus the amount if you choose to contribute to FAPSC PAC. You can either pay now by credit card or click bill me and an invoice will then be displayed for printing. Please remit payment to FAPSC office at 150 South Monroe Street, Suite 303, Tallahassee, FL 32301.
If you experience any issues during this process, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at (850) 577-3139 or via email Wanda@FAPSC.org.
There is still time to $ave money! FAPSC has extended its EARLY Registration deadline to February 8th!
Hear from your colleagues regarding compliance issues, overcoming admissions road blocks, curriculum enhancements, workforce boards and you, financial aid updates, new teaching techniques, and much, much more! Session details coming to the website soon, so be certain to check back.
Don’t forget! Book your rooms at the Westin Lake Mary North Orlando by February 8th to receive the FAPSC special reservation rate.
Use this link to begin the registration process and to find out how to book your hotel room.
Associate members, it’s time to see what benefits FAPSC can bring to your business in 2010! This year we are celebrating our “Fraternity of Learners” through our Continuing Education Conference series.
Sponsorship registration is now available on the FAPSC website. Start your new year off right by participating in the FAPSC Central Conference in Lake Mary.
Make your decision today to become part of the elite group of the 2010 Pledge Class.
To address the nursing shortage in Florida, the 2009 Legislature modified how nursing education programs are administered by the Board of Nursing. The board has taken several actions to implement the required changes and has received more than double the number of applications for new nursing programs from the previous year. There are six issues associated with the board’s implementation of the revised law. The Legislature should consider clarifying language in the revised law to address these issues.
In 2007-08, public and private institutions offered 669 different career education programs, serving over 385,000 students. Few of these programs (9%) were offered by both public and private institutions, although the two sectors offered training targeted at many of the same occupations. Public and private institutions had significant differences in the areas of the state they served, program admission and completion requirements, program and student costs, financial aid availability, and student outcomes.
Looking for innovative learning options to reach your students? Pearson Learning Solutions is now offering Online and Hybrid Courses in Business, Criminal Justice, General Education, Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Billing and Coding, and Paralegal/ Legal Assistant. If you are currently offering or were looking to expand your curriculum in the following fields than CourseConnect™ just might be worth a look.
For detailed information about CourseConnect™ please download the Person Learning Solutions CourseConnect™complete Online Education Connection packet by clicking here. To download specific course information click on the course title below.
Pearson Learning Solutions is offering FAPSC school members a 10% discount off their normal price per course. (Discount does not apply to books. Schools can not combine this offer with any other discounts they may already receive with Person Learning Solutions.)
Florida Educational Institute today announced that it will commit $3.7 million to assist the Haitian relief effort. The funds will take the form of scholarships to provide critical career training for 398 Haitian immigrants in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach, who have been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS) by President Barack Obama. Read more
Full Sail would like to congratulate the 100 graduates who were involved in the production of 76 individual artist projects nominated for GRAMMY awards this year. This marks the sixth consecutive year that 100 or more Full Sail graduates worked on GRAMMY-nominated projects. Read more
Enroll in Developing a Successful Online Program, a free course that describes the phases of launching an online program, and strategies for successful implementation. The course provides 4-hours of continuing education credit, and includes downloadable forms for developing a business plan and budget. Enroll for free.
Feburary Featured Course
Setting Up an Effective Placement Department
Want a placement department that helps increase enrollment and enhance retention? This facilitated online course provides 4 hours of continuing education credit, and provides techniques and strategies to develop an effective placement department for your career school. More >>>
This is the 24th edition of a weekly summary of critical updates and activities the Florida Department of Health disseminates this document to provide the most up to date information on H1N1 to our partners. Read more.
Department of Health Board of Pharmacy Meeting The Department of Health Board of Pharmacy will meet February 09-10 2010. Read more.
Register to attend ABHES 7th Annual Conference
ABHES 7th Annual National Conference on Allied Health Education is scheduled for February 10-12, 2010 at the ARIA Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, NV. Read more.
FAPSC Day has been scheduled
FAPSC will hosts it's annual FAPSC day event at Florida's Capitol February 15-16, 2010. Read more.
FAPSC Central Florida Conference - Save the Date FAPSC has scheduled its Central Florida Conference February 25-26, 2009 at the Westin Lake Mary, North Orlando. Read more.